cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet doesn't work on pc

Angellin
Neighbour

Hi everybody! Recently my Internet on my pcs don't work but on my mobile devices the Internet is perfectly fine. Could anyone help me? Sometimes the Internet loads Google and Facebook but nothing else like reddit or spotify.

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are connected to the Internet through the same gateway/modem on your mobile devices as your PC (i.e. not still connected to cellular networks on your mobile) then the PC itself is more likely the culprit. 

Have you cleared your browser cache ( usually F5)?

Have you rebooted your PC?

Have you restarted your gateway/modem?

How is your PC connected to your gateway/modem, wire or wirelessly?

What happens when you try to go to the same site on your Wi-Fi connected mobile as your PC?

Let us know more and we can better help you. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Angellin
Neighbour

The Internet seems to not work on both on my computers. One is plugged with cable and the other with WiFi. I've tried to reboot the modem already and nothing changed. I will try again to check ifor it fixes the problem.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Also when the internet is not working, is your modem missing the Internet or DSL lights on it?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Angellin
Neighbour

The Internet and dsl lights are not off.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

What happens if you take that wifi laptop and try using the machine somewhere that has public wifi?  Wondering if there is a firewall issue.

Angellin
Neighbour

I've tried using my phone's mobile data via tethering and the Internet works perfectly.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Next step looks to be to contact Telus, as it appears your computers work properly when connected to the Internet by anything other than your gateway.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"