cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnects daily

GnomishViking
Neighbour
Hey all first time post here!

I’ve had TELUS cooper line internet at my current home for the past 4 years. 15 down 1 up (super slow country town internet)

I’ve never had issues until the last couple months and it’s been a nightmare dealing with it and trying to get it fixed.

Pretty much what happens is random times a day I will completely disconnect from the internet provider. Wifi and Ethernet both go down. Ussualy it only goes down for a minute or two but sometimes the router needs a restart. Another issues is that this is completely random from what the TELUS people have told me it disconnects between 3 and 50 times a day. Lately it’s only been once or twice a day sometimes none.

What has been the most frustrating part is I have had the same local tech come out to my house and every time he says he finds something. Does what ever it is he does and literally the internet will be fine for 10 days before it starts up again. That part is probably me thinking it’s a conspiracy haha.

Anyways. Last time I called him he pretty much told me there is nothing he can do and you could tell he didn’t want to admit he doesn’t know what to do.

Has anyone heard of this issue or potential fixes or what I should do going forwards? One thought I had is maybe trying a high end aftermarket router as we are extremely heavy users and I already know the router/modem has issues with two people trying to do heavy stuff.

Anyways. Getting really annoyed paying 80$ for terrible service and internet.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then ask he involve a co-worker who may have greater experience with such issues. Ultimately, they may have to replace a wire section.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did the tech replace your modem? Which model do you have currently? If you have a landline, are you having any issues with it like static?

As for a router, you'll have the same issue. You'll need the Telus modem to hook the router to and if it's losing connection still, that'll be a problem. They need to figure out why the connection keeps dropping. Normally it's a fairly short list of things that would cause the issue, including the line to the house, and the demarcation box on the house.

Plus if you're in a pretty small or remote town, odds are there may only be one tech serving the area.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The router is the T1200 I think it’s called and yes they replaced it.

What I find odd is the second time the guy came he said he would replace lines and whatever else if it happens again and then this time he made no intentions of trying to fix this issue again.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

At this point, I would guess the line to the house (or further away). I experienced a similar issue, and switching to the other pair of the 4 coming to my house corrected it.

NFtoBC

Is there always more stuff to switch to coming to the house? Maybe my guy just doesn’t know much but he seems to be alluding that he has no idea what to do

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then ask he involve a co-worker who may have greater experience with such issues. Ultimately, they may have to replace a wire section.

NFtoBC