cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnects constantly throughout the day then reconnects a few minutes later

DC1
Connector

When it reconnects I have to restart any downloads that were in progress

This causes extra DATA usage as it ALWAYS happens and its been going on for 1 year

1 year of interrupted service causing an huge amount of loss time and annoyance

9 REPLIES 9

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should contact Telus to investigate these breaks in service. If you can keep a record of the frequency, it will help their technician determine problems.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

it happens all day long I tell them about it but nothing has been done.

My service has been spotty for years they suggest I go optical

Its there favorite answer to give me. Thing is I dont need that service I only need slow speed so pay for slow speed.

The dropped service is constant two minutes ago I lost internet contact again and a chat was ended in mid stream , again.

I have been having something the same.At first I thought it was the sites,but then I noticed the wi-fi signal is all over the place.

When on one bar the pages freeze on the screen until it goes back up to 2 or 3 bars.

This problem started when Telus put in the new modem saying it was faster than the old model,but so far slower which I assume at this point to be the Telus wi-fi signal.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Pam-MB

Could you start a fresh thread so we can discuss your issue independently?

Thanks!

NFtoBC

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@DC1 wrote:

it happens all day long I tell them about it but nothing has been done.

My service has been spotty for years they suggest I go optical

Its there favorite answer to give me. Thing is I dont need that service I only need slow speed so pay for slow speed.

If Fibre is available in your area, you might as well face the music, as copper will receive ever less support as it becomes a legacy communications mode. In my house my phone is still on copper, and internet on Fibre while my neighbour, whose install was a few months later is 100% optical. All current new installs are optical, no copper.

What is the cost difference between what you now pay and the $45 / $68 for Fibre?

NFtoBC

I'm a long time customer was paying $20 a month for basic internet some how they jacked my bill up to $53 before tax.

That's a 165% increase in charges for the same service.

Was paying $240 a year for internet plus  $25 tax

now I'm paying $636 plus $76 tax

fiber internet will cost me $68 plus tax = $816 and $100 tax

That is a 240% price  increase for basic cable in the last 10 years

For the record I use the Ethernet cable to connect the computer.
What happens in my case is the Router disconnects and reconnects randomly.

Many times in the middle of a chat with a telus agent

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If your service has been spotty for years something sounds off... You say you've talked to support but have not mentioned if a tech was sent out or if the router was replaced. If you are looking for advice, we would need more information to better offer assistance. Bear in mind most of us are not Telus employees so if it's on their side, you'll have to contact Telus. By phone would be extremely recommended if you're having problems with the connection.

So to make it easier for us:

1. When the internet seems to drop, do the lights on the modem itself change?
  2. Which modem and router are you using?
  3. When was the last time they were replaced?
  4. How many devices are impacted? (wired, wireless)
  5. Has a tech been out to your house? What was done then?

Thank you.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

This current issue has been going on for over 1 year the year before it was doing the same plus slow speed at all times a few years before that it was doing the slow speed without cut outs. Tech's have been here problems keep coming back its ALWAYS on their end.

Im not sure why they even bother to come by house as its never been the problem.

Router was replaced by tech's once I ordered one from telus as the internet kept dropping off.

It did not fix the issue. The router model number is vsg1432 by zyxel

Its their infrastructure not the router never has been in all the years of problems.

As to the router lights they turn off then one blinks for a few minutes then the internet light lights up and it reconnects.