cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Problems

ItsyaboyK
Neighbour

Is there an actual solution to getting Telus Internet to work properly? My speed dips to 1.5 Mpbs every night, without fail. I have had multiple techs come to my house to attempt to resolve this situation - they have moved the router to different locations, they have provided new routers and wires. I can't even tell you how many times I've reset my router. I have Telus Boost, doesn't do **bleep**. I have Telus 300, but it's nice to know I never get anything close to that.. I previously had Shaw and never ever ever dipped below 250 Mpbs. I switched over because of a deal I was offered, but I'm seriously considering switching back, these speeds aren't worth it when I was promised better with your "fiber optic" speeds. I can't even do video calls I need to participate in, or even stream low quality Netflix. I can't even log onto My Telus because the speeds are so slow..

5 REPLIES 5

ItsyaboyK
Neighbour

Telus.JPG

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Log dates and times when you have issues. The more information a tech has when dispatched the better chance they can locate the issue(s). That being said have you tested your connection both wired and wireless? Are the speed results the same when the download speeds drops to a crawl?

What you are describing is not normal for Fibre.

Every night after 6PM, without fail. I have tested both wired and wireless, same result. This is why I'm super frustrated.

Call and schedule a service call and request a higher level tech be dispatched. There are less of them around but they’ll get to the bottom of it.

DKS
Helpful Neighbour

I have the same problem. Unable to connect to Netflix. Fast.com shows download speeds of 2-3MBps.