Internet 50 and 4K

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Is Internet 50 sufficient for good quality 4K TV?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
More then sufficient for 4k.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
More then sufficient for 4k.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ambassador

Thank you.  I thought so. We have Internet 25 and TV programming and Movies on Demand have an excellent picture.  Really didn't need fibre optic line.

Not a fan of Blue Jays baseball, NBA and TSN 4K hockey games are blacked out in Alberta region, SN has very little 4K hockey. 

Guess we have to wait a few years for more 4K programming on specialty channels.  I doubt that OTA Television will move to 4K broadcasting anytime soon.  As of today, not worth a new TV now.

Highlighted
Coach

Yes,a lot of TSN gets blocked in Alberta.Kind of a waste of money to pay for it in the TV bundle.

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

every 4k stream will require 23mbit of bandwidth, where a 1080p is barely 4mbit. 

Adding normal use and other devices adds up. That of-course is only an issue on copper xDSL lines ; TELUS fiber does not have bandwidth issues

Highlighted
Ambassador

Thanks.  I knew there was a catch!