cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet 150/150 with T3200M but lousy connection

Janele_L
Just Moved In

A Telus guy just installed a T3200M modem for my 150/150 plan. I have a newer laptop with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 that can only connect to the 2.4G because the 5G is invisible. It takes minutes to load a single internet page on both my cellphone and my laptop. It says it's loading and once it's done there is just a white internet page, and the images and the rest follow a few minutes later. I cant even run a speed test because the page freezes/stops loading. I have reset the modem both by unplugging it for 30sec and by factory resetting it with the reset button at the back. I have restarted my computer and turned off wifi etc. When I plug in the Ethernet cable and change to Ethernet settings there isn't any difference in connection performance. I just opened task manager and looked at the wifi throughput and I dont receive any more than 120kbps. Its an 802.11n connection type and I dont have a router. I even tried changing the network channel to 11 but no change.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

That is not the experience I had with my T3200M, though there were a few other issues about interconnectivity of devices on my home network.

You should be seeing close to the speeds you purchased with the T3200M. I found it faster than the T1200H I was using previously.

Let's see if a few more jump in, before you contact Telus directly for further troubleshooting.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Janele_L
Just Moved In

Just called Tech Support and they said it was something with the "programming" of the modem. But the guy on the phone fixed it. Thanks.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Happy to learn it is working now. Thanks for sharing!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"