cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International News Channels

pbsme
Ambassador

I have added the International News Theme Pack , but only Euronews shows up in the Guide. Is this what I should expect?  Also, both BBC World and CNNi are not in HD?  I have restarted the Telus PVR.  

I can only tune the International News channels by inputing their channel numbers on the remote.  I tried creating a favourites list for them, but that doesn't work, either. Can anyone confirm this is normal behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@pbsme The "news international" theme pack is SD only. Channels generally appear a few minutes after adding them. Make sure under settings Menu>Televison>Customize your guide the said channels are not "unchecked".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@pbsme The "news international" theme pack is SD only. Channels generally appear a few minutes after adding them. Make sure under settings Menu>Televison>Customize your guide the said channels are not "unchecked".

View solution in original post

Thank you. I'm pretty new to this and forgot about where you could select the channels for the Guide.  Now with a closer look at the brochure, I see that there is no HD by those News channels (no SD, either, which I think should be there). I hadn't realized that MSNBC and Fox News are not HD, as well. 

Your quick response was was helpful and appreciated. 

@WestCoasterBC wrote:

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@pbsme the channels indicate they're SD at https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/new/channels#/category/news when you click on the channel icons.

Which brochure doesn't show the information on the channels being SD or HD?

The brochure is a fold-out entitled "Optik TV Channel selection guide. Experience the power of choice."  It was provided to me in a Telus shop when I sign up. 

Thanks for the link. It was helpful. The brochure does not indicate that Fox News and MSNBC are high definition, so the link clears everything up. It can be rather confusing, when some of the channels fill the screen and others don't. The immediate impression can be that the ones that fill the screen are HD. 

I actually did pick up a brochure from London Drugs that had a copyright date of 2016 (the one with rabbits on the front) a few weeks ago that didn't say which channels are in HD. A few weeks later, I then went to a Telus store to pick up a more recent brochure that had a 2017 copyright date (with fish on the front) and it had the HD indicators again. So I guess Telus must have not realized that people still care wether or not the channels are in HD.

My brochure also has a copyright of 2016, but has butterflies on the front. It says prices in effect until December 1, 2016. I realize now that if it doesn't say, then it's standard definition.  There is so much high definition on Telus (and that's all I have been watching) that I was jolted and disappointed to discover that BBC World News and CNNi were only in SD and didn't fill the screen. Although, I gather they are SD, the other "News International" theme pack channels at least fill the screen.