If you can purchase more data, will Telus let us purchase more speed?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Neighbour

With Telus letting us purchase extra data if we are about to go over, why can't they let us keep our plan and offer us more speed?

My plan has more data than I need, but any lower plan doesn't have the speed I want.

There has to be a better way and I think that if Telus would offer us the ability to purchase more speed without upgrading to the next plan could be the answer.

Neighbour

This is just a suggestion, and I hope that Telus takes it seriously and really considers it. 

EDIT:
Apparently I posted this in the wrong spot. Do the moderators have the ability to move it to the Ideas board, or should I create a new 'idea' over there?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Create a separate idea.

I don't know of any provider worldwide that offers more speed vs data. Some may let you upgrade your existing plan to a higher one if available. Most people I've seen recently have been asking for more data since the caps were put in place.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Neighbour
That's why I suggested it. It is something that should be offered. But like my edit says i posted it in the wrong section. 

I will create a new post there.

CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I like the idea of more data for lower speeds and vice versa.

I have a 25Mbps download and hardly touch my 250gb allowance.  If I had a series of ip security cams, I would like to increase my data, but keeping my 25Mbps speed.