IVR is awful

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour
I am trying to get through to tech support but the IVR keeps saying it looks like the office you need to speak to is closed please call during business hours” but your website says tech support is 24/7

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's quite simple actually.

If you call Telus' main number as listed on their contact page (888-811-2323) the IVR says as follows:

1st menu: Press 1 for home phone / tv / internet. Press 2 for Mobility. Assuming you pressed 1 you get:
2nd menu: Press 1 for Account Balance / Bill / Self Serve Options. Press 2 for Agent. Assuming you pressed 2, you get:
3rd menu: Press 1 for Billing / Channel Changes. Press 2 for Repair / Technical Support, Press 3 for Move, 
Press 4 for Discontinue and Press 5 for anything else.

Both Billing and Technical support are open currently. You can also try reaching them from Chat is you have a computer that is able to get online. Chat will not work on a cell phone.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's quite simple actually.

If you call Telus' main number as listed on their contact page (888-811-2323) the IVR says as follows:

1st menu: Press 1 for home phone / tv / internet. Press 2 for Mobility. Assuming you pressed 1 you get:
2nd menu: Press 1 for Account Balance / Bill / Self Serve Options. Press 2 for Agent. Assuming you pressed 2, you get:
3rd menu: Press 1 for Billing / Channel Changes. Press 2 for Repair / Technical Support, Press 3 for Move, 
Press 4 for Discontinue and Press 5 for anything else.

Both Billing and Technical support are open currently. You can also try reaching them from Chat is you have a computer that is able to get online. Chat will not work on a cell phone.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Neighbour
That is not at all what I get
I get options to pay my bill
Which I did
Option 6 is “for anything else”
When I press that it asks me to say what I’m looking for
When I say technical support they say the office I’m looking for is closed
Highlighted
Connector

Try signing into your telus.com account and using the Chat function. I find their wait times to be much better and you don't need to listen to the awful IVR while you wait, just leave the chat open. It's handy because you can do other things while you wait, instead of sitting around with a phone 🙂 

My last couple of chats were great, they went by fast and they resolved my issues.