IPTV IGMP/VLAN settings

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Organizer

curious what is required to get optic tv working on my own router, i know telus doesnt support it, but i know its possible.

previously i know people have got it working on asus with iptv settings i am looking to get it going on edgemax platform if possible πŸ™‚

lets figure this out

Highlighted
Resident

hi there

say did you ever figure this out for your edgemax? i have an edgerouter lite that i want to install with my telus fiber 100 that it being installed next week.

thanks

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Connor wrote:

curious what is required to get optic tv working on my own router, i know telus doesnt support it, but i know its possible.

previously i know people have got it working on asus with iptv settings i am looking to get it going on edgemax platform if possible πŸ™‚

lets figure this out

Are you on Fiber or Copper?

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Resident

I'm getting fiber installed next tuesday. it's already been run into my place, just needs the Alcatel box.. once it's in and i've unpacked, as i'm moving to my new place, i will play around with it. i've looked on the ubiquiti forums and saw some configs to tryout.

Highlighted
Organizer

@WestCoasterBC wrote:

@Connor wrote:

lets figure this out

Are you on Fiber or Copper?

i cant get my box to initialize 😞

Highlighted
Organizer

actually maybe i got it to work, give me a day to report back

Highlighted
Organizer

@angelob72 i got it working on edgemax!!!!!!!

i posted steps in this thread over here!!

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30748683-ALL-Telus-IGMP-settings-2016-pfsense~start=30

my username is fryst πŸ™‚

Highlighted
Connector

A bunch of routers can replace the Telus one.  Here are just a couple options.

NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R7000)
or
TP-LINK AC1900 Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Touchscreen Router (Touch P5)

Highlighted
Connector

A Multicast capable router is the key, but I honestly recommend using the Actiontech for the Optik TV boxes (because they are designed to work together and they are already flakey enough as it is) , then plugging in your own router after the Actiontech, set up a static IP for it and DMZ it to the internet to avoid double NAT issues.