cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP camera problem

Torpedo
Just Moved In

Hi,

Just switch to TELUS last week, but the internet LED on modem keeps turns to red every couple hours and I lost TV but internet still survive. I have few IP camera connect through the Wi-Fi but I don't think this is issue, because I have same setup on Shaw.

Here is what I found.

1. Disconnect all IP camera, and internet LED stay on GREEN couple days without single drop.

2. I add the secondary router to connect to the IP camera, instead using Wi-Fi from the TELUS modem I use Wi-Fi from router,

Configuration #1

Setup:  LAN (Router) to LAN (Modem).

Result: Internet LED still dropping every couple hour

Configuration #2

Setup: WAN (Router) to WAN (Modem).

Result: No single signal drop for whole day.

Here come with problem with Configuration #2. Somehow my router automatically pick up IP 10.XXX,XXX,XXX instead 192.168.1.XXX (original from modem). I even manually assign the IP to 192 but after I connect the WAN cable to the router, the IP change back to 10 by itself again.

Well I don't mind use 10.XXX for my IP camera but the problem is if I use 10.xxx,xxx,xxx I can't connect to IP camera from my phone (using WI-FI from TELUS modem) or LTE, basically I can only connect to the IP camera if I connect tot the same Wi-Fi from my router.

Any suggestion?

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Try LAN (modem) to WAN (router).

Or try bridging the modem, as described in the articles section of this site.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Try LAN (modem) to WAN (router).

Or try bridging the modem, as described in the articles section of this site.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post