cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP QOS Upsetting

cisyk661
Just Moved In

Why does Telus prevent users from adjusting IP QOS settings?  Its a harmless activity that would allow me to optimize my internet usage so I can see the speeds I am paying for, where I need it.  And this is possible to perform on an Actiontec V1000H when telus specific firmware is not blocking this setting.

Please let me know what I can do to resolve this.  $160/month for internet and tv should allow me to have controls over simple settings.

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Primary QOS is not controlled on the Actiontec itself but on Telus' end. QOS on the Actiontec is locked. It's set up that way to keep users from accidentally screwing it up and causing major issues with their TV or internet.

As for speed, the majority of users tend to see higher results than what they are paying for. For example I pay for 25 / 5. I get nearly 27 / 7 (3.2MB/s down). Speed is consistent across wired and wireless for me.

Speedtest Results

Please explain more about the speeds you are supposedly not receiving:

• Constant issue?
  • Wired or wireless?
  • How many devices affected?
  • When you run a speedtest  from a hardwired device, what are the results?
  • Is it a game console? Their built in speed tests are flawed on a good day and the server being tested could be anywhere on the planet.
  • When is the last time you called Telus support? What was the outcome?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂