IMAP Server Keeps Timing Out And Dropping Account

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I've received word that it should be restored now. Is anyone still experiencing issues?

Buzz
Friendly Neighbour

RhoLee

Seems a lot more stable today.  Had it pop up first thing this morning, but hasn't since.....fingers crossed.

Community Power User
Community Power User
@RhoLee having issues with SMTP server failing to send all day. Takes 3 tries to finally send.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

If anyone is still experiencing issues, please send me your email address through a private message.

DO NOT share you email address publicly. 

Rochepoint
Connector

Well it has been a whole day now without being asked for a login, looking good here!

CJ-User
Neighbour

Well, it is Wednesday morning and all is quiet on the Pop3 login error message issue, for my devices.  It appears to have been resolved.

Does anyone have any information about the nature of the actual problem?  It would be a nice bit of closure for my techy side to have some sense of what the problem was.

Thank-you RhoLee for your efforts to keep us up to date on the progress.

Cliff

MrE
Advocate

@CJ-User

I can't speak for everyone but I received error 0x800CCC92, the server rejected the username and password AUTH (authorization) error.  When I monitored the conversation it seems outlook used the USER PASS sequence to log in. I would think that if the data was becoming corrupt the error would have come quickly. Since there was a long delay before this happened it could be a lost packet or data loss for some other reason. This could also explain the timeout others spoke of. All of this is just speculation of course.

NerdyCameleon
Neighbour

Something you might need into consideration is that sometimes your "email" is not the same as the username. Some email clients because of the SSL cryptographic protocol use the Username instead. So you can also try with that and see if that works.

MrE
Advocate

Hi, 

A few days ago time outs and errors started happening intermittently on the pop3 server again. Today I have had them for stretches of several minutes at a time. Now I cannot receive mail at all, one reply said said internal error on server. Most time the reply is time out waiting for response from pop server. i hope you guys can get on this quicker this time. I would call support but I do not have an hour to spare.

Wizard604
Resident
I am having same issues with the email server. If SSL is enabled it seems to be intermittently working. If SSL is disabled it seems to work better but still flaky
Highlighted
Jeepdriver
Neighbour

imap server has not been playing nice since about 11:15 local (1915Z). The issue is seen on both desktop Outlook and iOS devices.

Wizard604
Resident
For me it's been happening on android and Windows desktop.. So I guess that just about covers most devices out there
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

The email issue should be resolved now and you should be able to view your emails again.

MrE
Advocate

@MTL_Dave

Thank you for responding.

The good news, it seems resolved for me now. The Bad news, 37 minutes waiting for online chat support (to just tell me yes Telus is having email problems.)

MrE
Advocate

Seems like Email problems are back yet again. Can you let someone know?  i don't have the time to spend an hour on hold to phone it in....

Thanks in advance.

MrE
Advocate

@MTL_Dave

See previous message ...

MrE
Advocate

269 YES  two hundred sixty nine people ahead of me for online chat help.

polecat
Ambassador

Phoned got recorded message there email and webmail services are having trouble and they are working on it.....12pm ///15 march

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello,

It's an outage unfortunately:

Service(s): Webmail Services

Impact(s): Delays in sending or receiving email

Start: 2018-03-15 12:20 (ET)

Status: Support teams are currently investigating with the Vendor. 

Root Cause: A system issue

Webmail Services are experiencing an interruption due to a system issue, which may result in being intermittently disconnected from the service and being unable to reset email passwords. We are working to restore services as quickly as possible. Further updates and estimated restoration times will be provided as they become available

Community Power User
Community Power User

As posted in the Service Status 3 hours ago, by SuperFred.  

The resources are there, we just have to use them!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"