I just learned Telus is migrating webmail to Gmail!

Highlighted
Ambassador

@NFtoBC 

Do you know if we get access to the other G Suite apps like Calendar and Contacts, or just the Gmail part? I never considered this and just downloaded the free versions of Calendar and Contacts. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Click on the square of nine dots at top right of your screen. Calendar and Contacts s/b there.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Yes, I generally do not use the browser based Gmail on my PC, but when I do, that is what I use. I guess my real question is whether or not the G Suite version of Calendar and Contacts is different than the free version. On my iPhone, I just downloaded the free Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts. I do sign in with my G Suite account though.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I just use my laptop, so am no help to you regarding your phone....

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@RonAKA 

I understood Telus was to migrate Contacts (don’t know about calendaring) from the previous platform to the G-Suite platform, so I suspect you should have access, but have no confirmation.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour

The transfer does not go smooth as found out. First time going through it wanted me to change to a password i have never used on any other site and i didnt want to change my password. So i tried going through the steps again to see if there was a step i missed and could by pass that. But to no avail i end up at the same thing so i picked a different variant of my password and it doesnt accept it. i try starting from the beginning again and same results. try again. im locked out with too many attempts. i start a live chat with a telus person which im 6th in line. finally gets to me and they shut down the chat. i try to start a new chat and its past there hours of operation. So next day after work i start a live chat and get someone and after a hour they finally get new password set for me but not before having to connect to my computer to see why the webpage they gave me kept wanting to merge my telus account with another google account. he get me into my webmail account through a private session on my browser. So i say goodnight as my email seems to work. i spent the next hour trying to connect my cell phone and my pc email to the account. Cell phone had some looking up to do and the pc email seemed to accept the account but NEVER sync'ed. i still had the webmail open and decided to do some clean up of old emails and then i got shut out of the webmail. it was late so i went to bed. The next morning i try to connect again and it says i violated the policy. i didnt know deleting old emails and emails i dont want is violating the policy.

For anyone that wanted a gmail they can get that easy enough but this whole transfer is a load of garbage and they should keep their own servers

Highlighted
Ambassador

To my knowledge I had no "Contacts" or "Calendar" in the Telus Webmail to migrate. I did not even know it had that capability. 

Highlighted
Neighbour

Sorry to use your post but It's extremely difficult to get through to Telus these days......if anyone at Telus is listening.....YOUR SERVICE STINKS!!!!!!!! The switch to Google mail for the majority of your customers I am in contact with is an unmitigated disaster for most. And trying to get it corrected or even attended to is just as bad. As I say.......TELUS....YOU STINK!!!!

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour
I had no idea!! I've not heard anything about this until a minute ago when I read this. Have they been letting us know? Did I miss some emails? I've been having issues and daily errors with Telus email since the huge mess up last August. I've complained several times but it STILL has not been resolved!! It's been over a year!!
Highlighted
Rockstar

@amam  Like every one else. They will let you know when. I had a lot of trouble in the migration. If you have a lot of emails you need to use save them somewhere. Some people have lost all contacts and also the emails. It took 6 hours on the phone to change 3 devices of mine. I lost my emails but contacts came through ' I printed some important emails and also my contacts There seems to be a lot of trouble with outlook express. Ploecat

Highlighted
Ambassador
Has anyone noticed messages showing up in their inbox about some kind of scam/virus document link sent to some people? For the past two nights it has done this my PC is off and nothing shows sent on my phone?
Highlighted
Ambassador
I just checked Google and these scam messages are showing up in Sent items like 3 and 5am.
Highlighted
Ambassador

If these emails are showing up in your personal sent mail folder, then your computer or phone must have a virus. More likely the PC. Perhaps do a virus scan. 

If you are receiving spam emails to your inbox you should drag them to the Spam folder. At least in theory, Google will add them to their spam filter list. 

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour
Happily, I'm not receiving spam in my inbox, but a couple of days every week I get a torrent of emails in my junk mailbox, sometimes five or six from a single source and dozens from others. Prior to this migration I'd never get more than one or two per day. Not a huge problem, but annoying and I'm curious as to why it's suddenly happening.
Highlighted
Ambassador

Every email provider has tools to deal with spam and malspam. How they work and are implemented will vary. This is most certainly the reason you are seeing the change in behavior.

IMO Telus was overly aggressive in blocking messages. I never receive NDR (non-delivery report) messages using Telus email. I have yet to be migrated but I'm hoping that Gmail will not block these as it's good to know if a message didn't get delivered.

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour
I hear you. Neither did I ever get notification of non-delivery from Telus. But it so infrequently happened I wasn't too bothered. On the other hand, this weekly flood of spam irritates me. I suppose even in this hi-tech world nirvana is still out of reach.
Highlighted
Ambassador

The messages were showing up Google webmail interface in Sent folder so wasn't the PC or phone both are setup as POP.

Anyways I reset my password to a very complicated one nothing was sent this morning.

Now I have another issue was still using smtp.telus.net to send out mail but started getting 550 rejected messages this morning so changed over smtp.gmail.com and now any messages sent via Phone or PC show back up in my Inbox tried tweaking Gmail settings as per below but no luck so far.

https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/92913/how-can-i-stop-sent-items-from-appearing-in-my-inb...