cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been calling Telus for the last 3 days each time waiting 2-2.5 hours and still haven't

BD1
Just Moved In

I have been trying to contact telus by phone for the last 3 days waiting time 2-2.5 hours and still haven't spoken to anyone  Last night I started at 6:30 and finally hung up by 9pm  This is really frustrating as I would rather speak to someone on the phone and I believe noone should have to wait that long.  I can record shows on my bedroom tv but when I try to record shows on my tv in the living room it comes up programming not available  and I don't know what to do.  I also think the printing of the new channel list which i printed is too small to read and I am finding this all quite confusing and again would like to speak to someone about this.  I work 6 days a week and sometimes don't get home till after 6  As soon as get home I have been trying to talk to someone but to no avail.  If your customers really do count why is the waiting time so long   Barbara Darlling

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Done
Just Moved In

I was transfered, disconnected, called back put on hold, then finally told a manager would call me back.  All three CSR had horrible attitudes when I refused to follow their scripted responses and wanted real answers.  This has been my experience for months now.  Finally filed a complaint with the BBB.  If more customers filed these complaints there rating would be affected and eventually their bottom line!!!!  Any it's all about the money NOT customer service.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hippo
Leader

Hi Barbara,

Sorry to hear of your experience. What number were you trying to call?

As an alternate suggestion, you can try the Online Support at www.telus.com/chat

In regards to the channel changes, you may find this site helpful: www.telus.com/tvguidechanges

LC
Just Moved In

Hi There, I just went through hell with Telus trying to cancel my mothers account because of the channel change, you see she's a 76 year old blind women, she memorizes the channels and just got the old ones down,  and since Telus made this change in the channels, she would have to memorize them all over again, that was the last straw for her.  It took over 4 days to get help, Friday I was on hold for over 35 minutes, so I hung up and tried on the weekend, I was told by a robot, the line/office I needed was closed....so called back again this morning, Oh I did email, but go no reply whatsoever......so called this morning, had to call twice as they wouldn't cancel without my mothers verbal approval, which is rediculous, because I'm on the account as the person to talk to about this account.  Soooo, we finally got the account cancelled.  I head to work....late....Telus calls my mother back, to tell her that she has to pay $300.00 to cancel!!!!!!!!!!!!  $300!!!!!!!!  to Cancel!!!!!  Her health is already an issue, and this just pushed her blood pressure through the roof!  This is unbelievable!!!!  Is this how Telus operates???!!!!!  Taking advantage of old blind women on pensions.....REALLY!  I WAS a happy customer of Telus, but if this any example of how they want to operate, then I will be next to cancel thier service!!   This isn't over....

It's time we stop corporations from nickel and diming us to death...!!!  $300.00 for cancelation, I expected a cancelation fee, but $300.00...How do you sleep at night...and please don't say the terms for canelations is on the bill in the fine print, that's a copout and you know it...I would think if you want to charge $300 for cancelation fees you would bold it and enlarge the font.....so people are actually aware of what they are getting into...Shame on Telus!

Helen_W
Friendly Neighbour

Yeah, that's really great. You can enter your channels one by one and get the new channel number.

Maybe if you try harder, you can find a way to waste even more of our time.

I'll do anything so I don't have to phone Telus!!!  You can sit for hours and get someone that doesn't speak English!!!!!  I have asked for a 'hard copy' of the channel changes for High Definition tv...  We are seniors and I have to keep writing numbers down on a paper so we can find that number again...  I can't see it on my computer ....  We've only been with Telus for about a year and we don't really like it at all.  We were previously with Bell and it was way better!!!  Soon as our contract is over we'll go back to Bell!!!

ALSO .. it appears that we are paying for some channels that we don't even get!!!!  Poor service...

Done
Just Moved In

I was transfered, disconnected, called back put on hold, then finally told a manager would call me back.  All three CSR had horrible attitudes when I refused to follow their scripted responses and wanted real answers.  This has been my experience for months now.  Finally filed a complaint with the BBB.  If more customers filed these complaints there rating would be affected and eventually their bottom line!!!!  Any it's all about the money NOT customer service.