cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a T3200M to send a fax from my desktop computer

drte
Neighbour

How do I set up a T3200M modem to be able to send/receive faxes from my computer?

I have Windows 10 Home - which has a Fax component; and Office 365. I can access the Fax from the Print menu. But then get a message that I need to connect to fax modem.

One of the manuals for the T3200M that I have found online shows 2 ports for VoiP which can be connected to a phone line. But the model I have does not have these ports.

Is there something I'm missing here.

I do not want to use any of the various online fax services. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GoodLight7
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

T3200M doesn't offer fax capabilities. But you have other options:
1. buy a modem board and attach it to your computer (either internal or external). For example: https://www.amazon.ca/External-Voice-Modem-Window-Vista/dp/B07Q2K4DHJ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3PSEQ1MUZZ0RK&...

2. Use an online fax service like faxzero.com or myfax.com or many other. Some are free and some are not but I recommend reading the fine print

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A fax modem is a DIAL-UP modem. (Think the 1990's). Not a broadband modem for high speed internet like the T3200M. I haven't seen a computer built in the last many years that shipped with a 56K modem in it. If you really want to fax something, you can get a fax modem from a few places still. MemoryExpress has a USB one but it isn't cheap.

The T3200M used by Telus does not typically have any VoIP ports on it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you fax from your printer? Many still offer this type of connectivity.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I used to have one of those all-in-one print-copy-fax, but decided not to get the fax function in my last replacement. Who knew I'd one day need to use fax again.

The advantage to the printer option is that you can leave it on receive faxes. My computer isn't always on.

xray
Hero
Either get a USB fax modem for $25 or buy a cheap All-in-one inkjet printer that has fax. Many of the printers have a utility that allows you fax from your PC to through the printer.

GoodLight7
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

T3200M doesn't offer fax capabilities. But you have other options:
1. buy a modem board and attach it to your computer (either internal or external). For example: https://www.amazon.ca/External-Voice-Modem-Window-Vista/dp/B07Q2K4DHJ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3PSEQ1MUZZ0RK&...

2. Use an online fax service like faxzero.com or myfax.com or many other. Some are free and some are not but I recommend reading the fine print