cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my email working???

Pintoguy
Advisor

I'd like to ask for help getting my TELUS email set up properly.  Several days ago, TELUS contacted me via land-line and told me that my email address needed to be changed due to a security issue.  I am using Outlook Express (Win XP) as my email application.  Today, I changed my email address both on Outlook Express and my TELUS user account.

However, I am still getting incoming emails on Outlook Express directed to my old email address and I am unable to receive or send emails using my new email address.  I tried contacting the TELUS Help Line for assistance but was unsuccessful due to a 45 minute hold.

Does anybody have any suggestions reference what I need to do to get my email working again with my new address?  I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong... 

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you access webmail.telus.net with your new credentials?

I'm assuming you followed the steps here?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

@NFtoBC wrote:

Well,  I can access  the TELUS Webmail site using my original user name and the new temporary password that  TELUS gave me.  However, I am unable to login if I use my new email address address rather than my user name...

@NFtoBC wrote:

I'm assuming you followed the steps here?

No.  Those steps apply to 'Windows Live Mail', not 'Outlook Express'.  Remember that my 'Outlook Express' application is still working properly with my old email address.  I am still receiving (and able to send) emails if I use my old email address with 'Outlook Express'.  I don't understand why TELUS wanted me to change my email to a new address.  My old email address still seems to be valid.  It's still working... 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Pintoguy There are other (older) options selectable from that page which should give you some information about the information you need to set up Outlook Express.

If your email is still working, then no worries!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

@NFtoBC wrote:

If your email is still working, then no worries!

Yeah, I'm not going to worry about it.  I think I'll just reset my 'Outlook Express' back to the original settings and leave it alone unless there's a serious problem.  It's just really annoying that TELUS initially disabled my original email address and then apparently re-activated it again.  I just can't figure out what they were trying to do...