cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect Optik TV Set Top Box, Philips TV & Apple TV box

KanoeKid
Organizer

Hi all;

Have an Optik TV Technicolor Set Top Box IPV 5050, older Philips TV (not a smart TV), Apple TV gen 1 or 2, Polk Audio Sound Bar with optical connection.

I'd like to be able to have all connected so that I can go between Optik TV & Apple TV (which is where I watch Netflix). I don't mind having 2 remotes (Optik TV & Apple TV)

Right now, I am unplugging optical audio cable from Technicolor STB and plugging into Apple TV when I want to watch Apple TV & other end of optical cable is connected to Polk Sound Bar.

The Philips TV does not have optical audio connection.

Any suggestions in the community?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

If your TV does not have optical out... then I would plug the optical out from the Telus STB or Apple TV into the sound bar.

While this means the soundbar is useless on one device.... I would just use the TV speaker in that situation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

How many HDMI inputs does your TV have?  I would plug the STB in one port and have the Apple TV plugged into the second port.  Use the TV's input remote button to toggle between sources.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

If your TV does not have optical out... then I would plug the optical out from the Telus STB or Apple TV into the sound bar.

While this means the soundbar is useless on one device.... I would just use the TV speaker in that situation.