cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Access Webmail 'Rich' version

MFGS
Friendly Neighbour

I just bought a new laptop (Win10, Edge) and I am getting an inferior version of webmail. A message is briefly displayed that I am using 'Standard' version. How can I access Rich version that I am used to on my previous computer (Win8.1, IE11)? 

A secondary problem is that when I access webmail using webmail.telus.net, I fill in the login screen, but then it hangs  - all I get is the 'loading' screen. I have to use a roundabout method using Google Search.

7 REPLIES 7

MFGS
Friendly Neighbour

Aargh! I've also lost all my custom folders in this version.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That is because you are using Edge. It's got issues. If I use Edge I get the same issues. If I use a different browser, the problem no longer exists and webmail works fine. I'd suggest to try Firefox.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I just tested TELUS webmail and it works fine on all these browsers:
- Edge 41.16299.820.0
- IE 11.904.16299.0
- Chrome 71.0.3578.98

MFGS
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks, guys for your efforts! I had no problem with an older version of Edge on my old desktop, which is currently in a box pending a move. The version on this new laptop is 44.17763.1.0. I'm thinking the best course of action is to wait for an update! Perhaps this thread will help someone else with a similar problem.

Regards, Mike

MFGS
Friendly Neighbour

Update: Received an update this morning to the Edge version running on my desktop, so now both computers are running version 44.17763, HTML ver. 18.17763. Same problem - difficult to load Telus Webmail unless I sneak up on it via Google search, and only getting the Standard version when it does load. Fortunately, Windows 10 offers Internet Explorer as well, so by firing up IE, I can still get the 'rich' version of Telus Webmail.

I would really hate to lose Telus Webmail. It is a slick product, spam-free and secure, and unlike Google/Yahoo/Hotmail, it doesn't access your data, make creepy 'suggestions' on who to send emails to, or sell your data.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As has been recommended before, DO NOT USE EDGE. It is a broken browser.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@MFGS wrote:

Aargh! I've also lost all my custom folders in this version.

Your folders are stored on the server so they shouldn't depend on which computer or browser you are using. If you don't see them I suspect the web page is not loading properly. If you use another computer to log on to you your account you should see that they are still there.

I suspect your new laptop itself has issues. Perhaps your WiFi connection is bad. It's possible that the "standard" version is served up when webmail detects a slow connection.