cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I g my wireless box to connect again blaaaahhhh

PrinceDoobius
Neighbour

Ok so here it goes.... I recently sold one of my tvs unhooked my wireless digital box moved it to another tv hooked it all back up the same .... Turned it on no it won't pair with my main dvr and wireless routers .... It was working for like 5 minutes and said there was an update after update it won't pair again says there s a connection issue please help I'm missing all my Xmas shows thanks .....Was hooked up to a hdtv now it is hooked up to a crt but that doesn't seem to be the issue I had this happen a few weeks ago when I was moving stuff Around called Telus figured out that I plugged a cord into the wan Ethernet port which was wrong didn't even touch any f that this time just my wireless digital box please help becuz this seems to be a reoccurring problem with Telus Boxes 

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you rebooted the digital box by unplugging it for about 5 minutes and restarting it?

What is the error message you claim to receive?

What shows on your TV screen?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

PrinceDoobius
Neighbour

I have unplugged the power yes not for 5 mins but for 30 seconds that didn't work the error message is "wireless connection error" please follow this troubleshooting steps which I did make sure the switch is in ap  position reboot optik tv by holding the power button for 10 seconds if the problem persists please contact Telus at blah blah blah what shows n my tv screen exactly that

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

So the 'Link' light is not lit on the Wireless box?

And the AP device is showing only the power light and not the paired or link light?

Have you tried the WPS button on the AP?

NFtoBC

PrinceDoobius
Neighbour

I turn my box on and no link light it is not connecting why would would there be a link light if it's not connected  of course it tryied the wps it tells me to press ok on my wireless box I do that it says to press the wps on my ap or wireless router what ever you wanna call it I do this it says connecting in progress and then 30 seconds later it says connection error try rebooting if doesn't work call my tv (Telus)  another issue if noticed since then that my 5g internet connection is gone I only have the one regular one (none 5g) the ap is showing power the link light has a random flashing and the link light is flashing green when I try to pair the 2 it flashes orange don't know if that helps

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Might be best to ask a Telus Tech to stop by and troubleshoot this issue. 

NFtoBC

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried putting them in the same room, to learn if the distant location is somehow blocked from Wi-Fi?

NFtoBC