How can I cancel Series Record for dead / cancelled series ?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Optic refuses to do a Cancel Series for Series Record of Backstrom, Battlecreek, Forever. ...

"Programming currently unavailable". Chronic issue, fails every day, week after week.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you rebooted the PVR? Sometimes it just gets stuck in a loop.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Connector

I am very familiar with this issue as having gone through it. Just restart your PVR and once it is back up, go and delete it immediately. After a few minutes it will go back to not allowing you to delete it. It is a software issue on Telus's end and almost no one working there knows anything about it. The problem is, if you have any shows that are set as "first run only" and there are no first run shows in the guide for the next 2 weeks it will cause a glitch. You will find that you can't delete those certain series recordings from your list and you won't be able to save any changes in the Series Priority list also. The only way around this problem is to restart your PVR every single time and make the changes immediately. You may also notice that if you do have any series recordings in your list that fit this situation, they will disappear on their own when you reboot your PVR. Telus told me that it maybe fixed in the next update but it won't be any time soon.

Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

-menu

-recordings

-view recordings

-series

-scroll to your series

-ok

-cancel series