Hook up

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Sass
Just Moved In
I am wondering how to hook up my tells optic TV box to my other TV 60 "projection TV. It doesn't have a HDMI outlets. I tried to hook composite cables but the back of my optic TV box doesn't have these plugs only s video but I can't find the right end it's a 10 prong s video and my TV is 4 prong. ?? How else can I hook this up

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
MTL_Dave
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello,

Since Pik TV uses mainly HDMI, if you're trying to connect a Pik TV box to a projector and the projector doesn't have HDMI, you would need to buy an HDMI to Mini Composite CVBS RCA AV Video Converter (you can usually find one at Walmart for around $20).   With this device you'll connect the PiK TV box to HDMI, HDMI to this converter, and then composite cables from the converter box to the projector.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
MTL_Dave
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello,

Since Pik TV uses mainly HDMI, if you're trying to connect a Pik TV box to a projector and the projector doesn't have HDMI, you would need to buy an HDMI to Mini Composite CVBS RCA AV Video Converter (you can usually find one at Walmart for around $20).   With this device you'll connect the PiK TV box to HDMI, HDMI to this converter, and then composite cables from the converter box to the projector.

View solution in original post

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Sass which do you have PikTV or Optik TV they're entirely different products.

@dru @RhoLee @Scoto > Move to internet, tv, home Thanks.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Sass
Just Moved In
Optic tv

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What make/model is your TV and what Optik TV receiver do you have?

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.