Home Internet Usage Cycles

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

So the current cycle for my Home Internet usage says March 15 - April 14 2017.

Checking my data usage for this cycle which just started today it says I've already used 16 GB of data. Which is incorrect because i haven't used that much data today (using my own tracking).

I know a day in a cycle ends at 9PM (12 PM EST) even though I'm out west, but it seems like it's counting data from a previous day in the previous cycle into this current cycle. That would account for the usage for today being about correct.

So are the cycle dates actually accurate, or do the numbers just get pulled out of thin air for when a cycle starts and ends because I can't figure it out.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

The usage meter should update every 2 hours but, can take up to 48 hours to update. If you are using a third party tracker, that's fine! Is it monitoring downloads and uploads as those are 2 different things that use data. Do you have any anti-virus or file sharing set up? Those both use data and may not be showing up in your third party tracker. Telus.com will show you the total data used but, not what it using it. A third party tracker, depending on which it is, could be limited to showing you what each app is using but, not calculating everything in your network that could be using data. 

Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Ambassador

Noticed this as well and is rather annoying my current cycle started yesterday and as of today 3:55 PDT says 14GB.

I don't usually even come close to my cap but still would be nice to have some transparency.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Usage meter stuck yet again over 24hrs...amazing how this company expects customers to pay data overage fees without a proper working tool.

Last updated: on Aug 20 at 2:35pm PDT

Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

The usage meter should update every 2 hours but, can take up to 48 hours to update. If you are using a third party tracker, that's fine! Is it monitoring downloads and uploads as those are 2 different things that use data. Do you have any anti-virus or file sharing set up? Those both use data and may not be showing up in your third party tracker. Telus.com will show you the total data used but, not what it using it. A third party tracker, depending on which it is, could be limited to showing you what each app is using but, not calculating everything in your network that could be using data. 

Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post