cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help getting AirPrint to work

FrankoManini
Neighbour

I just got Telus Optik TV and Internet installed a couple days ago.  Everything seems to work, except that I cannot print to my wireless printer from any of my four iPads any longer.  I suspect it has something to do with the Actiontec router.  I have verified that the printer and all four iPads are on the same network, and all their MAC addresses show up on the router. I found an article that suggested Telus has enabled a multicasting feature of the router that does not play well with AirPrint.  I cannot be the only one with this issue, so I am hoping that someone can chime in with a solution.

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

To start with, which Actiontec did you get? I know most previous models seem to not work with Air Print. The T1200 might.

Multicast is enabled as that is required for Optik TV to work. There is one potential fix I can think of but it depends if you have a second router.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

FrankoManini
Neighbour

FrankoManini
Neighbour

Telus supplied the V1000H.  I have a second router but it is quite old.  I would be willing to upgrade...

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The V1000H is the older model. It's less likely to be cooperative for AirPlay I suspect. What I've done is I have my Actiontec plugged into my own router which runs everything except the TV. I have a wireless printer set up and working under my own wireless network / router.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

FrankoManini
Neighbour

I have no idea how to accomplish this.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have AirPrint set up through a T1200H with no difficulty. If I recall, I simply plugged my printer to a LAN port on the router, and that was it.

Have you tried the Ethernet route?

Possibly requesting an upgrade to the T1200H is your next step.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

FrankoManini
Neighbour

Unfortunately, I can't use the ethernet solution above.  My printer does not have an ethernet port and the router is in the garage where the services enter the house.  It's a lousy place to have to go to pick up a print job.