Has anyone had a successful, pain free migration to Google Mail?

sandmanbc71
Connector

@essjay1 thank you for your concern, but no, I am not pissed. And my Google account is safe and sound and now switched over to a non-Telus email account. It was a hassle, and my point of posting was that it would have been much easier to switch the account before signing up for a migration appointment. Having it on the migration day checklist was too late, the conflict already existed once Telus created the new account.

Anyway, all good. And the best part was this proded me along enough to dump my Telus email from anything important so I don't get stuck again if they change something else. Or if Telus email goes down for an extended period (not that that would ever happen right?).

So, in summary, if you have a Google device which uses a Telus.net email for log-in, switch it to something else before you sign up for the migration. You can always switch it back afterwards but it will be tied to the Google account managed by Telus, which is not something I was willing to risk.

Oldislander
Good Samaritan
Good response! I tried to log in to the Telus Neighbourhood and I now get this message:

"You are not allowed to access this site

We're sorry, but you have been banned from using this site."

Telus does not appreciate customer criticizing their indifference and incompetence.

John

polecat
All-Star

@Oldislander  We are customers only on this site. If you look around you will see that the site is having a technical issue that has been on going for a week or more. I was blocked out for a number of days. Our admins will respond to issues that need attention and give direction. Everyone got that message chill out.

DMAN1
Helpful Neighbour

No, it is a disaster......nothing works, my old telus email password is not recognized  (did 2 days ago!)....on and on......no explanations or help when I look for it.