cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard wired 2mbps scene a few hours!

there was a random tv and INTERNET lost connection for a good 30 secs on monday night! and just up the street the alarm went out too! i think someone hit a poll. just on my gaming laptop hardwired in and did a speed test on my note 5 on my wifi from home, is max 2.15 down, why, everything on my end is fixed from like a dozen technicians that came out!!??

Please help! 😛

8 REPLIES 8

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify.... which city or town are you located?

Surrey, bc, its sucks so much!! really slow! need fiber down here

Surrey is a very big place. You'll need to narrow it down significantly. Like Whalley near SFU, or the southeast end of Fleetwood, or near Guildford Town Centre for example. 

Also:

• if someone hit a pole, you wouldn't have any connection, let alone a slow one
  • If your modem dropped for only 30 seconds that means it had a very momentary drop in connection. It can take roughly 30 seconds to reconnect.
  • If you have a connection problem that involves techs visiting your house, have you called Telus yet?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Yes, i have called telus in the passed 5 years Ive been with them 24 times.

DSL (data service link) just got reconnected two hours ago again!! it must be the copper coming into the house... need to just to upgrade to fiber, the house just up the street has it!

And the area is the end of fleetwood, 168th and Fraser hwy

So you're right on the edge of town? I'd be curious if you're on the edge of the service area as well.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I think I am, only one green cabinet by house. Edge of fleet wood, a Telus van been there about three times in the passed two months. O ya, I just ran a speed test got 20mbps down, I was downloading a steam game tho is should not slow all the speed down plus tv connection interrupted three times so far... Am wondering when there's a earthquake, what's going to happen to all the commutations. Need to upgrade stuff... 😛

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
If you truly need fail safe internet connectivity you should have two ISP (preferably using different infrastructure) and back it up with a cellular network connection. You should then never be without a connection.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"