cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Telus not listening.

Maven
Friendly Neighbour

I was a customer with Shaw for many years and changed to Telus last year. My hubby and I used to rent movies each weekend as with Shaw it was just a press of a button on the remote and that was it. With Telus it's been impossible to put it mildly. When the Telus tech came to our place and hooked us up for TV, phone, internet he neglected to install a phone jack behind our wall unit where the receiver is.

I realize we can call a number on the movie display to rent a movie but we have tried (3) times with a huge amount of exasperation. The 1st time we had to wait 2 hours while a person in the Philippines figured out how to do this and locate the movie, the next time it was the same problem not able to locate  Jumanji/ Welcome to the Jungle and last night same old problem.

Meanwhile we are told use the phone jack to rent a movie if we don't want to call it in. We cannot get through to these people on the phone or by chat that we DO NOT have a PHONE JACK and would very much like one installed to simplify renting a movie. HELP!!!!  

10 REPLIES 10

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Phone jack? Do you have satellite service or Optik?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Maven
Friendly Neighbour

satellite...Telus phones us yesterday and a tech is coming out to install a phone jack. Our phone jack is in our computer room which is about 50ft. or more from our TV room where the receiver is. We couldn't get them to understand this.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can hire any installer or electrician to add a wall jack. Telus charges a sizeable fee to install additional phone jacks.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Maven
Friendly Neighbour

Yes we're aware of this but since Telus initially came here to install an entire bundle last year the tech should have made sure there was a telephone jack near the receiver. At least we think so.

Lola
Rockstar

Well, if the phone jack should have been installed with the original installation you certainly shouldn't have to pay to have one installed now. What's Telus's reason for not installing now?

Maven
Friendly Neighbour

When Telus phoned yesterday they informed us since the tech neglected to install a phone jack they are waiving the $75 charge for the installation. Which is good as I would have went back to Shaw. If anything they should be giving us a credit as we didn't receive the full service or at least a couple of free movies for all the frustration in a year trying to get the reps. to understand...sigh...

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Maven,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. If you'd like, reach out to us via DM on Twitter (@TELUSSupport) or send us a PM at our Facebook page and we'll investigate your account further...see what we can do for you. Thanks!

@Maven wrote:

When Telus phoned yesterday they informed us since the tech neglected to install a phone jack they are waiving the $75 charge for the installation. Which is good as I would have went back to Shaw. If anything they should be giving us a credit as we didn't receive the full service or at least a couple of free movies for all the frustration in a year trying to get the reps. to understand...sigh...

YAY for you!!! Woman Very Happy A movie or two would be nice, wouldn't it? I'm always ecstatic when Amazon gives me 5.00 coupons for the "frustration" of late deliveries and such, tho I'm never frustrated. Lol. It doesn't take much to make customers happy.

Maven
Friendly Neighbour

It certainly would be nice to have a couple of movies free or some sort of credit after all of our frustration and time wasted calling, chatting and e-mailing Telus. The weird thing is when TELUS came to hook us up the tech didn't change the Shaw phone jack and plugged it into our Telus receiver and of course it wouldn't work and the phone cord only went downstairs to our basement to nothing. It's been very exasperating to put it mildly. It'll be one year in August since switching from Shaw to Telus and it's taken almost that amount of time to get another tech here to install a proper phone jack, sigh... 

Maven
Friendly Neighbour

Just an fyi...Telus tech was here on Thursday and installed a phone jack that really does work and I tested it to make sure I could connect to rent a movie and yippee it did! The other tech that was here last year connected the Telus receiver to a Shaw phone jack that went no where and had not been connected to anything....go figure eh? It took almost one year but we rented a movie in an instant last night.. 🙂