Great deals from Telus

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

What ever happened to giving your well deserved faithful customers a good deal---the new subscribrs always get the goodies....Come on, treat us to some deals and then we would be happier.

Highlighted
Connector

Ask for a Consumer Services Rep ( when you call them ) that you can ask about deals for long time Telus customers.  If you sign another 3 year agreement, the freebie TV you get will be paid for through your monthly fees within a couple or three months anyhow!!

Highlighted
Advisor

The great deal I got from Telus was a 26% increase in the first 22 months of being a new customer.

I think I would prefer being an old customer.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I feel that. It irks me that they're setting record profits yet they are continuously increasing costs and the channels are running more and more commercials. Plus more and more of the shows are online too but Telus has yet to increase bandwidth allowances with the prices.

I find if you talk to the loyalty guys nicely they can sometimes get you some deals or potentially some kind of discount. It's not guaranteed but there's a chance. I've had pretty good luck with them so far.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Rockstar

@Nighthawk wrote:

I feel that. It irks me that they're setting record profits yet they are continuously increasing costs and the channels are running more and more commercials. Plus more and more of the shows are online too but Telus has yet to increase bandwidth allowances with the prices.

rid cable tv s.jpg

The TV industry is maliciously killing itself. They rely on lame reality shows,  fairy tale cop shows and brain-dead laugh track comedies. With forced bundles on the Cable TV companies to help drive up the imaginary viewership numbers on the channels that are no longer worth subscribing to.

Top that off with bribing those politicians in charge of TV regulations to make sure that the TV industry can circumvent any written in stone law that reduces enormous yearly profits(show sales, rebroadcast fees, free Taxpayer provided incentives to not pay taxes on productions).

It probably takes up to a year for Telus to start recouping money from new users, with the minimum perks received. Some speculate it takes 2-3 years to recoup money for a full contract(Internet/Optik hardware/Dslam/Fibre/Line quality repairs) with all the bonus perks.

When Telus starts enforcing Caps, next year, watch those TV extra-package subscribers drop off. Internet is more important to them and a Essentials-TV package will do($34 + tax until the next rate increase). Depending on usage, the overage cap pre-fee($15 or $30), penalty($5 and up) won't be that bad compared to the rare time Optik TV is turned on.

Telus is still continuing dropping channels, or rearranging, on Telus satellite TV(rebranded Bhell). http://www.telus.com/en/bc/get-help/service-updates-changes/tv/article.do  

Upgrading your Internet speed can result in a 6 month 1/2 price bonus.  Those of you who are stuck in Internet-6 towns, maybe within 5 years you'll get to see what the Internet can do at full speed. At least Telus hasn't turned off that old hardware and abandoned DSL in your town.