Got a home based job

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

I need a phone line for my moms house for me, but i want it in my own name and i need usa minutes too, i see theres up to 9 features i can get too

also what is better for Set top boxes wired or wireless and or ethernet or coaxial cables? 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

For the set top boxes wired with ethernet is usually best. Coax as a backup. The wireless box does give you more flexibility where you can put it and if the signal is strong enough and stable it could work too.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could also consider a VoIP account. Inexpensive, your number can be just about anywhere, and you can have multiple numbers starting at less than $6 per month.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

My thoughts....

If your goal is for USA minutes to be paid by you independently... consider a $5 phone card to start. Amazing how many minutes you can get for $5.  Otherwise VOIP is a great idea.

Second line?  If you are just starting... how many minutes do you need?  Does the thought of having a mobile number with a large voice plan make your life more flexible?

For the TV set top box.  I love my wireless boxes.  Throw a TV up anywhere there's a 120v outlet.  No need for an installer to put holes around the house wherever I want to move my TV(s).  The wireless boxes makes it so easy to add a second, backup, or reuse an old TV.  Had it for a year so far with no complaints.

As in my other thread, I think the TV make and model makes a bigger difference than a Telus connection.  Otherwise you need a side by side comparison.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Be careful about discussing this with Telus. Due to ancient regulatory quirks, Telus can and does charge twice as much for business phone lines and internet. You don't want to get your phone line tagged as a business line.