Getting a modem from Telus to attach a new router

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi Guys, looking for assistance please.

I have the Actiontech V1000H and it keeps dropping connection. After a few hours with the Telus Tech they told me 1. There is not a problem and 2. They can supply a modem that would still allow me to get internet and TV and attach my own router, great but when I speak to customer service they don't know what I want... They did try to upgrade me to the T3200M on a higher plan but for more money after 3 months, can I attach a router to the T3200M and if so is it a pain to get it working? I purchased an ASUS RT-AC68U recently only to find that I can not attach it to the Actiontech.

Any guidance you can give me would be much appreciated, I am currently waiting for a Manager call back from Telus.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

A number of us have T3200Ms with our own routers connected to them. I didn't even bridge my 3200 and my router works fine with it just by plugging it in. Just make sure your router is not using the 192.168.1.x subnet as that'll conflict with the 3200.

My Optik stuff is connected directly to the 3200 and everything else goes through my router. 

๐Ÿ™‚

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

A number of us have T3200Ms with our own routers connected to them. I didn't even bridge my 3200 and my router works fine with it just by plugging it in. Just make sure your router is not using the 192.168.1.x subnet as that'll conflict with the 3200.

My Optik stuff is connected directly to the 3200 and everything else goes through my router. 

๐Ÿ™‚

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post