cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Specific Phone Number

Don_Keykong
Neighbour

I'm currently living in Calgary, but if I wanted an Edmonton phone number for a land line, could I add it using the smart call feature? I know that with VoIP, you are not bound by hardwiring and can have any area code anywhere, but there are limitations with landlines.

Truth be told, I just want a specific phone number. It doesn't much matter to me if I have it on landline or a cellphone, I would just like it. The issue is that it's reserved for Telus home services.

Is there any way to get this number?

4 REPLIES 4

xray
Guardian

Have you tried calling TELUS customer service and asking? Seems like the quickest way to get an answer.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus land line service isn't VoIP, at least not yet. You won't be able to get an Edmonton landline phone number in Calgary on a landline or linked to one in any way. Besides the area code limitation, numbers are only portable to a point. Usually not outside the city limits. If you already own that number and want to transfer it to Telus Mobility, you might have some options but remember long distance charges could still apply depending on the mobility package.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Don_Keykong
Neighbour

I'd be fine with long distance charges, and in terms of number portability, if I had the number, I could port it to any carrier that supported the Calgary rate center.

I've always hoped that it would be possible to find a rep who was willing to make me the account for the sole purpose of porting it to mobility.

xray
Guardian

As I said before, have your tried calling customer service? You won't find any reps here as this is a customer to customer forum.