General Question (ASAP)

JMJ
Friendly Neighbour

Hi this is Jerico,

I'm getting my Telus Internet 50 installed tomorrow at our place (HOUSE). To cut the complicated part. This house was installed with phone line and Internet from Shaw. There are several people living in this house. A family living at our basement got their own Internet from shaw without a phone line. And I don't really have any idea how that goes. But now they have a separate Internet of they're own and it's really rocking there connection on their different devices. Now there are two family technically I would say living upstairs. I applied for a Personal Internet connection (Telus Internet 50/just Internet) of my own as I am having so much trouble with our old Internet from Shaw. I believe that it can no longer accommodate all of us.

Hence, It's my personal Internet connection. My question is can I have it installed inside my room? My room doesn't have a phone jack/entertainment jack. I really want it installed inside my room. What are my options? Can the Telus installers make it possible for me? And how much is the additional charges if ever? Can I pay it through credit card, cash or is it going to be added on my first month bill?

Thank you.

Community Power User
Community Power User

The Telus tech should be able to install the connection to your room, with the permission of your landlord. You may also need to get permission of other tenants if the wiring needs to go through their space to get to yours.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
JMJ
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you. That was very helpful.

Most Helpful
xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Thoughts....

• By avoiding Shaw.... you will be on a separate line without any interference from the people below.
  • the installer will offer you be best answer.... in my situation.... they chose the room closest to the telephone pole.... otherwise, they will need to string an ugly wire around the house (outside? inside? both?) to your room.
  • a wired connection to your room will give you the best connection.  If they choose to wifi it.... speed may be lower as the signal needs to go through floors and walls to your room.

JMJ
Friendly Neighbour

Well thank you for that information. Since all my stuff TV, laptop and other devices is in my room. I'd rather want a line in my room not outside my room. I don't want to compensate paying the right amount every month for a crappy Internet connection. That's why I don't want to use our shaw anymore. That's one of my major concern and reason. I pay every month but I can't maximize the full potential of our internet connection. It's a bull****!

Thank you so much.

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify.... as your house is not new construction... installer MAY run the wire outside the home and then drill into your room.

Second option is to drill into house and then run wire along floors or ceiling to your room.

If you are not home owner... They may be horrified of these drill holes.

JMJ
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you.