Full Duplex PS4 connection?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Just updated to 50mb connection and I'm trying to get a full duplex connection on my PS4. So far I can only get 25mb down and 4mb up on it.

Using ActionTec T2200H modem and have Full Duplex connection on main PC

Community Power User
Community Power User

Full Duplex and Half Duplex connections are the way a device communicates. Full Duplex means it can send and receive data at the same time. Half is one direction at a time. The extreme majority of devices these days use Full Duplex by default unless specifically configured not to.

Does your PC get a different speed test result than the PS4? Is the PS4 connected wirelessly?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

55mb download 9.8mb upload on the PC.

31.4mb download 4.3mb upload on the PS4. (According to the PS4 network test)

PS4 is wired connection.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the PC is seeing full rates we know the connection is fine, and the PS4 will have the same upper limit on rates as well. Judging by search results on Google, the likely cause is Sony's PSN servers and their messed up speed test. A lot of users are complaining and most see max 25mbps speed on that test. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂