cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre optic data cap?

taim
Organizer

I'm wondering what the plans might be like, uneducated guesses are welcome too 😉

I'm currently with Shaw but I'm open to switching. I'm currently with their 160 plan that offers 800gb.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The data caps for fibre will be the same as any other plan Telus offers. Telus does offer an unlimited option for an additional cost of $30/mo if you have Internet/Optik only and $15/mo if you also have phone service with Internet/Optik.

I haven't seen the Internet 150 plan details yet so I'm not sure what the included cap with it is. 150 is only available in certain areas with fibre.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The data caps for fibre will be the same as any other plan Telus offers. Telus does offer an unlimited option for an additional cost of $30/mo if you have Internet/Optik only and $15/mo if you also have phone service with Internet/Optik.

I haven't seen the Internet 150 plan details yet so I'm not sure what the included cap with it is. 150 is only available in certain areas with fibre.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

taim
Organizer

Nice deal, I'll definitely check back when fibre is rolled out to Edmonton, I'm checking the telus future home today at the telus world science center, interesting times ahead. I definitely like my mobile service with telus and the customer service has greatly improved in quality and speed. With you guys helping in the forums too it'll continue to be great.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

"With you guys helping in the forums too it'll continue to be great."

You, too, can be one of the 'guys' helping the forum.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Kolby_G
Ambassador

Just an FYI: The cap on the 150 plan is 600GB/month, upload speed is 30mbps and price (at least in my area) is $130

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Good to know. I wonder if the cap will be increased once the soft launch of 150 is complete.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can Shaw even deliver the speeds you're paying for? Seems almost everywhere has really bad node saturation and don't get half of what they claim most days!

taim
Organizer

Surprisingly I get over 120 consistently. I'm guessing with telus, fibre will be offering that too.

Kolby_G
Ambassador

@WestCoasterBC​ In most areas, no. However in my area I always had my advertised speed (100/5).

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've always had my stated line speed and usually 3-5 MBps over what i pay for. Optik TV in no way slows down your internet, which was a common myth on forums on the net! Telus has come a long way into providing great service.

Telus spends billions, Shaw is more worried about wifi hot spots and lame robot commercials, and raising rates for less service.