Fibre modem in basement should I power cycle?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

DHilscher
Neighbour

Should I ever bother power cycling the fibre modem the way I do the router/modem? In the past anytime my internet slows down power cycling my routers/modem always fixed it. I am curious if it is worth adding the fibre modem to that habit?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not typically, no. It's pretty rare to power cycle the fiber terminal (not a modem Smiley Happy). If you're having recurring issues, check with tech support. There may be something outside your place causing issues for you also.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not typically, no. It's pretty rare to power cycle the fiber terminal (not a modem Smiley Happy). If you're having recurring issues, check with tech support. There may be something outside your place causing issues for you also.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

DHilscher
Neighbour

Awesome good to know. thanks for the reply 🙂