Fiber Availability tool

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Danger
Advocate

I was just wondering why the Fiber look up tool at https://fibre.telus.com/ doesnt work? Or is this not its intended purpose.  I ask because for the last 3 weeks the tool on the regular telus.com has been saying I was eligible 

for 50Mbit service and customer care has been telling me no you are not.  Today I called and the agent I talked to looked into it and was told this is now a fiber neigbourhood.  I was transfered to a fiber team member and it is being installed next week.  Even now the fiber tool tells me that the fiber network is not coming to my community yet.  Would have been nice to find out the issue 3 weeks ago.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Availability and Telus' online lookup tools are never in sync. Availability changes but the online tools don't always get updated right away. Or they could be wrong also.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

What speeds are you offered?

I understand Telus is rolling out 2 fibre options - Fibre to the Neighbourhood with speeds to 50Mbps, and Fibre to the Home with up to 100 Mbps speeds offered. It appears the fibre.telus.com page is for the latter FTTH option, while the regular page is for the FTTN option. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Danger
Advocate

The rep said  the tech was going to have to connect the fiber in my house. I know fiber was run to my house when it was built just not used as they didnt pull fiber from the DSLAM to the peds in the alley. For the last couple months there have been people working at most (i dont say all cause I didnt see all) peds in my area.  A tech I talked to said they were pulling fiber from the DSLAM. Guess I will find out for sure on the 11th,  that was the earliest appointment I could get. As for 100...I didnt ask, but I probably will now if only to see if it is avaliable. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Have fun with your new high speed internet. Let us know what you learn.  Strikes me as being kinda like trying to fill a pop bottle from a firehose!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Danger
Advocate

So not installed yet however, the girl from telus called back (extremly helpful by the way) and told me that this will be FTTH, one of the things being installed is the ONT in the house.  However inet 100 is not yet avaliable, which doesnt really bother me right now as the only part of that I would probably be able to take advantage of is the 20Mbit upload and not all that often either.

Danger
Advocate

So, installed yesterday and working great.  FTTH.  Speeds are great.