Fast Forward disabled by broadcaster message

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

GlobalSucks
Neighbour

You must be watching Global, the Shaw brothers personal propaganda channel. Because Shaw is a competitor with Telus, they are using this "Fast Forward Disabled" device to punish you for not being a Shaw Cable customer.

The Shaw brothers are perfectly happy to deny you the choice of controlling what you watch as part of their "pissing match" with Telus.  

After many years of being abused as a Shaw cable customer,I dumped them and am enjoying the quality of my Telus experience.

The Shaw family cabal have learned nothing about customer service and persist in abusing their power to control the lives of their customers. 

GlobalSucks
Neighbour

It's not Telus, but the "Shaw Family Cabal" who own their cable business and Global TV.

They're trying to punish Telus customers by disabling this feature.

Maybe it's time to reconsider your addiction to the "Global/Shaw" Koolaid habit.

GlobalSucks
Neighbour

If the ads are well-made and entertaining, viewers will watch, but the vast majority are annoying and aimed at a very narrow target audience. 

In other countries, ads are clustered between programs and at appropriate times within the program.

Here, we're continuously assaulted with poorly produced, unimaginative ads from companies that show contempt for our time and attention.

Highlighted
Alberta11
Resident
This feature is going to make me cancel my Telus cable. Absolutely deceptive marketing by Telus on PVR stop, pause, rewind live TV. They will lose many customers over this!
Community Power User
Community Power User

A warning will pop up on the screen before Restart kicks in, and only when it's rewound further back you'll enable the Restart feature. The viewer is given the choice of whether or not to proceed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
killrazor
Neighbour

A warning does not pop up on a channel with the restart feature telling you that you cannot fast forward. The warning only pop ups for channels that do not have the restart feature. Any channel, whether it have the restart feature or not, should provide a warning. 

Part of the issue has been corrected, but a warning needs to be applied to channels that have a restart feature advising you that you cannot fast forward.  The restart feature is a wonderful feature, and I am sure any additional kinks or warning messages will be fixed.

Telus TV is far superior to others and like all companies people will complain just for the sake of complaining without actually doing some research or providing proper feedback to new features.  It seems telus has listened and provided a warning, but just not for all situations, yet..

kvwah
Friendly Neighbour

This is a miserable feature that is tricky to avoid inadvertent use. Heaven forbid that you see something you want to watch again and you make the mistake of rewinding too far... you'll be cursed with not being able to get back to where you were (or to live TV) other than by changing channels and changing back to get to a live feed!

Shaw Gateway does not disable your ffwd or rewind. It allows you switch back and forth between up to 6 live feeds with full, non-punitive, rewind/ffwd capabilities on ANY of your TVs.  A much more pleasant way to use the full capabilities of your PVR.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@kvwah wrote:

Shaw Gateway does not disable your ffwd or rewind. It allows you switch back and forth between up to 6 live feeds with full, non-punitive, rewind/ffwd capabilities on ANY of your TVs.  A much more pleasant way to use the full capabilities of your PVR.

But does it allow you to watch any of those feeds back to the beginning of the show even if you came 45 minutes late?

Similarly does it allow you to choose a seventh feed and watch it from the beginning even though you came large to the show?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
SmokeJV
Advisor
I agree, I wish the bar would be a different colour depending on when you joined the channel and it's being stored locally to rewind too.
Right now it's just one green bar where you have no idea how far back you can go unless you know of exactly when you joined live. If say green section of the bar would be the part you joined forward so you know how far you can go back then red part of the bar would be where once you rewind to that point you'll go into this restart functionality.
Saltyhater
Resident
This is honestly. The. Most. Usless. Stupid. Comment iv ever heard. The message LITERALLY says what just summerized but with a longer paragraph. Why?
Colbyf
Resident

Telus should be paying them for the audience watching it.