Extremely slow speeds with Apple App Store updates

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

No issues for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

iPhone power user
DancingSteve
Neighbour

In Drayton Valley with the same slow App Store download. We have Telus Optic with a 100 MB download speed and app updates take forever. Using the cell network everything is fine. Downloads also work using Shaw at a colleagues. Called Telus and they haven't heard about this issue. On the line now waiting for a reply. Fingers crossed. 

Mach
Neighbour

I was finally able to speak to a manager a Telus about this. They confirmed the issue is that Telus needs to upgrade their links to Apple but they are not doing that any time soon. Though it is on a upgrade "list". So until Telus decides to spend the money to upgrade their links, Telus customers will experience slow connection speeds to Apple whenever Apple released new software as their ports to Apple get saturated. When I asked the manager why there has not been an official Telus response in the forums here, they said until they do upgrade their links, which there is no timeframe on, they will not post an official response here. Poor customer service.

DancingSteve
Neighbour

So after an hour on the phone, it's not a Telus problem, however Mach just replied Telus knows about the problem. So as a customer do I think Telus is treating me fair and open about the problem?  Nope! Looks like it's time for some social media tweets. 

valiaig
Advocate

Telus what is wrong with CS department? You do realize this discussion already monitored by at very least  by 3 journalist from the United States and Canada, 1 Editor for gains tech magazine and one from an independent but large website... imagine if journalist will call you... Or customer loyalty and relations lawyers - too bad I am not lawyer yet, would be perfect first case to win. ๐Ÿ˜ž

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dru from TELUS here.

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention! 

Your input was invaluable in helping us identify a challenge at a connection point between our networks. We are working closely with Apple to increase peering capacity and everything should be resolved soon.

On behalf of the TELUS Neighbourhood team, thank you so much for your patience on this matter and sorry about the inconvenience.

walter_white
Connector

Great to hear, thanks Dru!  Any ETA?  Are we talking hours, days, weeks?  

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The problem has disappeared for me and one of my friend's across town. iOS and OSX downloads and updates appear to be working properly again.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. ๐Ÿ™‚
Most Helpful
ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

ET from TELUS here! We have finally restored the speed connection.

We identified a peering capacity limitation at a connection point between networks and worked closely with Apple to increase peering capacity.

Thank you to all of you for your patience!

View solution in original post

DancingSteve
Neighbour

App downloads are back to normal.

FrostyOfTheNorth
Helpful Neighbour

This does seem to be resolved.  Thank you.