cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet from coax or telephone?

Mbabbitt
Just Moved In
In my room i currently have a telephone outlet and a coax outlet. The telephone jack is connected but the coax is just the casing on the wall no wires are connected to it. Ive been having terrible connection issues on my ps4 and want to switch to wired connection. My router is too far away to run a wire to. Is there a way for either the telephone or coax outlets be rewired to an ethernet port instead? Or is there some sort of adapter that would allow me to convert one of those into ethernet for my ps4?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unless your telephone jack was wired with Ethernet cable, that path is not possible. You can look at MOCA adapters to convert the Ethernet to cable and back again. You can try an Ethernet over power line. Or you could try a wireless extender or mesh such as Google Wi-Fi.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unless your telephone jack was wired with Ethernet cable, that path is not possible. You can look at MOCA adapters to convert the Ethernet to cable and back again. You can try an Ethernet over power line. Or you could try a wireless extender or mesh such as Google Wi-Fi.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post