Error [6008/103] 6008

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Trying to watch TV on my computer, listings show up fine but when I click on a program to watch I get a question "Watch mixed Content?"  It does not matter if I answer yes or no, the next thing I get is an error [6008/103] 6008.

I searched this number but found posts related to it.

Please help

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using Optik on the Go? If yes, 6008 is likely a Silverlight error. "Watch mixed content" seems to be a problem related to Internet Explorer. Try using Firefox and see if that corrects it.

If problems persist, check your silverlight settings (usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.41212.0\Silverlight.Configuration.exe, or search your PC) and under the Playback tab, ensure the first box has a checkmark (Enable download and updates to components required for protected content playback.)

Also ensure you've got the newest version from https://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using Optik on the Go? If yes, 6008 is likely a Silverlight error. "Watch mixed content" seems to be a problem related to Internet Explorer. Try using Firefox and see if that corrects it.

If problems persist, check your silverlight settings (usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.41212.0\Silverlight.Configuration.exe, or search your PC) and under the Playback tab, ensure the first box has a checkmark (Enable download and updates to components required for protected content playback.)

Also ensure you've got the newest version from https://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post