cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problem

Irishgranny
Leader

Why can't I PASTE a copied image into my outgoing email?  I can send attachments, but can't paste an image into the email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Irishgranny 

Didn't cut and paste, but could drag & drop a file from my desktop into an email using Telus' webmail and @jrueger instructions:Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 4.55.21 PM.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jrueger
Ambassador

What email client are you using?  Or are you using the Telus webmail?

HI....I use Telus Webmail.  I find an image on Google...copy it, then go to my Webmail to paste it and nothing happens.  Have no problem copy & pasting anywhere else, so I'm assuming it's Telus that's the problem.  My friend uses the same procedure but has Shaw an it works for her  What's my problem ??

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Try saving the image to your desktop, and attaching it to your email instead.

Lots of web based discussion software prefers attached files, rather than cut and paste. It may also make a difference depending on the size of the image.
NFtoBC

Tried saving it to desktop...didn't work.  I want to INSERT the picture into the email, not send as an attachment.  I can insert it into a Word document...so there should be a way to insert it into an email.  Very frustrating when I see that my friend. using Shaw. can do it very easily !

You need to to create the new email as an HTML email rather than text email - text email cannot handle embedded images.  After you click on New Message then click on Options and in the dropdown select Format as HTML.  I tested this and could then insert an image with copy and paste.  So far I can't find a way to make this the default option for the Telus webmail.  Perhaps they do this to keep the size of the emails as small as possible to preserve storage space on their servers - text emails are much smaller than HTML emails.

Tried that also...still won't PASTE.  Your idea sounded like the answer I needed..but "no go".  Guess I'm stuck with plain emails with no pictures....don't want to have to switch to Shaw for them.   Thanks for trying...don't know why it would work for you but not me....I'm using Chrome as my browser with Windows 10...if that makes any difference.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Irishgranny 

Didn't cut and paste, but could drag & drop a file from my desktop into an email using Telus' webmail and @jrueger instructions:Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 4.55.21 PM.png

NFtoBC

Smiley Happy

OMG....iT WORKED !!!    Now I just have to make a note of what I did for next time.  So thank you both for your help & advice....I knew someone on here would be able to figure it out.    Heart

Two updates - you can set your Preferences so that email is always composed as HTML - click on Preferences, then select Mail on the left column, then scroll down to Composing Messages and select HTML, then click on Save in the upper left.  That way your emails will always be composed as HTML and you can insert images.

Capture1.JPG

And then it is easy to select an image to insert into your email - either drag and drop or just just click on the Insert Images icon and that brings up a box where you can select the image you want to insert.  You probably can't copy and paste because that is just a temporary file on the clipboard that the email client doesn't recognize.

Capture2.JPG

That works so well !   I Google an image, save it to my desktop and then move curser to where I want the picture, click Insert (didn't ever know I had that!) it goes to my desktop..click and it's in my Email.   You have made my life so much more interesting !  Thanks so much for your help.   Smiley Happy

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Irishgranny 

You'll soon be coming to the Neighbourhood to offer solutions!

I really appreciate your contributions, as they make us think, and try to find solutions in different directions than we might usually do. Please keep coming back with challenges you find using the network.

NFtoBC

You can be sure I'll be coming back.  I think I'm "computer-savvy" and then something like this pops up.  But the best thing is, I know I can always come here and someone (quite often you) will have a solution for me.  So...waiting for the next little hiccup!