cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email blocked while travelling

Gah
Neighbour

Hello, I'm travelling in SE Asia, using iPad mini with local SIM card.  Internet access is fine so far, but my Telus email account has been frozen (maybe spotty coverage for a time resulting in numerous failed log-in attempts?).  The only tech support I can find is by phone and the area that I am in has restricted international calling (I do not have mobile).  How can I get my email unblocked?  Help please.

12 REPLIES 12

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can reach out to Telus via online chat (bottom right corner of the page) or twitter

Have you tried logging in via the webmail portal?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Chat won't work on iPad, so you may need to find an Internet Café for chat. Twitter DM or Facebook Message will work though.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Missed the iPad part my bad. Should be plenty of Internet cafes. You can always "request desktop site" in the browser for live chat.

IMG_0881.PNG

Chat appears not available.  Telus webmail says to contact administer.  The area I'm in has limited facilities.  Twitter won't let me sign up since my BC home number is not recognized with foreign SIM card.  I am an old timer with limited networking skills.  How do I "request desktop site" with the iPad?  Thanks

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

IMG_0889.JPG

Thanks, I did that and even got the 'chat' icon at the bottom.  The dialog box opens but stops with no apparent interface.  Could this country (Vietnam) be blocking things?

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The ISP could be blocking things there not really sure.. Have you tried reaching out to them via Facebook?

Patience now - but no Facebook.  Yes, a dinosaur.  Three days of frustration here though.  Thanks for your help.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried the webmail means of access? Just surf to webmail.telus.net.

Here is the interface I see upon taking @WestCoasterBC advice, and I was able to get to the queue, but stopped as there were 5 ahead of me:

IMG_0023.PNG

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Telus webmail is blocked, even though I can still access 'My Account'.  I was able to get the desktop version of Telus on the iPad, but the chat function appears disabled (maybe blocked by ISP as suggested).  Plan now is to wait till I can get to an Internet cafe and try things there.

RhoLee
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gah I've sent you a private message to try and find a way to help you get access to your email while travelling. 

Hello, this issue has been resolved, at least for the present, thanks to input from this forum and a rather lengthy session on Telus Chat after I was able to access an Internet cafe and make a few trips there to accomodate the different time zones.  I do think that there has to be some recognition by the industry, however, that not everyone has the latest generation equipment or web proficiency.  I understand the need to balance security and access, but I believe that the bottom line is that technology should work for us all.  Anyway, many thanks to those that took the time to help me.