cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge Browser

BJT67
Just Moved In

Hello all, I have been unable to access my Telus webmail since the last Microsoft update. I was told by a Telus chat rep that there is a problem with the Edge browser and the new update from Microsoft. He advised me to change my browser until they find a repair. I don't want to do that. It has been several days now and I have to use my Ipad to get my mail. Is there any update on this??? 

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Edge is such a disaster that Microsoft is going to be killing off the current version and replacing it with a browser based on Google's Chromium sometime this year. I would also recommend changing browsers to one that is current, relevant, and far more compatible with the internet. Firefox is probably the one that spies on you the least.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for your reply to my problem. I had been thinking of changing to something else, but it seems every time you do that a whole new set of problems occur. I'm tired of waiting for Telus to do something so I will make a change to Firefox as you suggest. There must be a lot of other people out there with Edge and I can't understand why Telus would not have put out an email on this problem.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Edge itself is likely the problem in this case. The code Telus uses for webmail works perfectly for me in Chrome, Firefox and Safari (if you have a Mac). Edge has a tiny marketshare compared to other major browsers. It's below half of the marketshare that Internet Explorer still has and it hasn't been updated since 2015.

Browser Share

Chrome64.63%
Internet Explorer10.49%
Firefox9.83%
Edge4.30%

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@BJT67 wrote:

Thanks for your reply to my problem. I had been thinking of changing to something else, but it seems every time you do that a whole new set of problems occur. I'm tired of waiting for Telus to do something so I will make a change to Firefox as you suggest. There must be a lot of other people out there with Edge and I can't understand why Telus would not have put out an email on this problem.

The Edge browser has lots of bugs and many web sites don't work properly. Edge is made Microsoft not TELUS. In your original post you said that the TELUS agent advised you to use a different browser.

What exactly are you waiting for TELUS to do? They aren't going to fix Edge, MS can't even do that.

polecat
All-Star

I have pure fibre and webmail works just fine on it. Stay away from edge and don't ever use windows live mail and the webmail at the same time.  and caused problems with webmail a telus tech had to fix it for me by remote access (year ago took over an hour to fix)  I quit using google and chrome and went to firefox  using an ad block and a privacy badger (firefox programs). Some newspaper sites won't let you in because of the add blocker but there are lots of site to go to. Adds are far and few over 25000 blocked in the 2 months on Firefox. No adds on youtube.  I  Iove firefox with no home depot adds following you from page to page.