cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the T3200M NEED an ONT to have purefibre?

Wissum
Just Moved In

I was told that the T3200M needs an ONT as well to convert purefire signals into copper signals. Is there also a version of the T3200M that has that function built in where you do not require the white telus ONT box to convert the signals?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User
The ONT is what the fibre connects to to change it from fibre to Ethernet. The T3200 is acting as a router and there is only one model. In the future there may be gateways that have fibre I’m built in, but none are currently available.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User
The ONT is what the fibre connects to to change it from fibre to Ethernet. The T3200 is acting as a router and there is only one model. In the future there may be gateways that have fibre I’m built in, but none are currently available.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I think it can.  I would like a definite answer as well from a Telus person.  The T3200 has an SFP port on it that they should be able to hook into directly.  At least it seems that this is the case in this post at dsl reports.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32052910-BC-Telus-Purefibre-experience-Overall-Extremely-Happy-SFP-...

Rocko

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Presently you need to have an ONT as well as a T3200M there currently isn’t a one for all type modem..