Does anyone else receive terrible customers service with telus??

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Angiemcmullin
Resident

Most Helpful
xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Nope.  I find going in with a positive attitude gets the help I need pretty much every time.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
mightymart
Resident

Yes indeed. I am a very upset new customer here.

I'm a new customer in Telus, switched from other competitor provider, SHAW. My set up appointment was scheduled on Sunday last week. For some urgent reason, I had to change the date, so I called them on Friday. I've got the next appointment on Monday which is very good. My other service was cancelled on Sunday so I have one day with no service, no problem at all.

On Sunday, Telus called me that they can't make it on Monday because there is no technician available on my area until 2 weeks from that day. I was so angry because I will have to live without internet (for my home office) and tv cable (for my kids) for 2 weeks. 

This is a very terrible first impression that I've got despite of the TV that they can offer for 3 yr plan. I'm still very upset because my home office can't work properly that I have to work in the library (I'm not rich btw)... and they were very firm to say that all they can do is to wait if there is any available visit earlier than November 14, 2013. 

TELUS??!!!

Most Helpful
mightymart
Resident

Btw, to conclude my story...

If they could have said Monday is no guarantee, I would try my best to stick with my Sunday appointment. No mess!!

Most Helpful
Monica
Resident

I find it's hit or miss. The last rep (Jeremy) I spoke to was very friendly and helpful, but not are all like that.

I found initially when I decided to switch 3 services to Telus (TV,Internet,Phone) that they provided a great promo offer. But I don't like surprizes, and when I called to inquire what the "regular" billing would be, after the promo ends, I got different answers from different reps.

I also cannot progam my remote.  The codes listed on Telus.com don't match the equipment I own.  So I guess, another call (sigh!) this time to Telus-Tech.  It used to be so easy for me, just to throw in a VCR, set my clock, record a program, etc.

I was also charged for an extra theme package (that was included in previous billing) so watch your bills. 

Lifestyle was part of my Large choice combo, now it was extra., Time Choice (?) was listed in my combo.

I was told that I must have somehow added it, and was now given a security code, so I couldn't do that again.

I was also wondering why I was billed a Rental charge for the digital box.  I was informed that (after the promo ended) I either commit to Telus for another year, which will waive that charge, or purchase a digital box on my own (which I cannot afford, nor do I know what to purchase).  I was dissappointed to be told of this now, and not at the beginning.

Since I've switched to Telus (hoping to make it easier to have 1 service provider) I've had to phone and question billing and services that used to be straight forward.

What I'm saying is - it has sometimes been a hassle to get straight answers, and yes some of the reps are very friendly and helpful, but my main disappointed is with Telus the company itself.  

Most Helpful
eeviljim
Resident

Yes! Don't ever try and relocate your service to a smaller centre. We are moving from Edmonton to a small town near the Montana border. We were locating our new home on a town lot that has not had a hoouse on it for a few years. There is a Telus phone cable and access boxes in the alley. When we called we were told we needed a site evaluation and the date was set for a month later and we needed to be present. We live 7 hours away so that would mean a night in a hotel and sitting around an empty lot for a day waiting for a technician. There was no flexibility. When we were forced to reschedule we were bumped two more months and were informed that after the evaluation it could be "Some" months before the line would be installed. Since there is no Telus internet and no Telus Satellite TV available there either we after 30 years with Telus have had to make alternate arrangements. We are ditching the land line and just using mobility. 

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@eeviljim: It'll likely have to do with not having any installers in the area. There are limitations when moving to a small remote town that should be expected. The installer would have to drive in from a larger center, likely Lethbridge or even further away. I wouldn't expect a tech/installer to show up on short notice like they can in Edmonton.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy