cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not Disturb

Rocketman
Friendly Neighbour

I want the ability to specify hours during which my land line will not ring. Whenever I've looked for this in the past I have not found it. Yet when I searched again just now, I found a very recent link:

http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2016/2016-282.htm

whuch says that Do Not Disturb is the name of a feature that does exactly what I want and is *not being discontinued*, in other words, I should have had it all along.

i cannot find instructions for it in the Telus site. A search there yields absolutely no results. What is going on? What is that CRTC document referring to when it says Do Not Disturb?  I am in BC.

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is referenced in a previous post in the Neighbourhood. It may require a call in to request, as is the Call Gate referenced in the CRTC document you linked. It strikes me as being an option which could cause grief to someone who does not fully understand the implications of it's use.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Rocketman
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks, I will call them.  The link in that forum post to Telus help is now dead. Is there really nothing online about how to use this service? That borders on farcical.

HouseCat
Organizer

Hi, Rocketman! 

This calling feature is currently grandfathered. It's not available to add at this time.

The CRTC document was discussing removing DND from existing customers with the feature, but DND will not be discontinued for existing residential customers with the service. 

The service will become available to add again in the future once a new platform is developed. 

Rocketman
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks!  I don't suppose it's possible I could have it but not know that?  Would there be a way of telling?

Customers that had the calling feature DND would manage it through the automated Telus Call Management Assistant at 310-8682.

For customers with the feature added, set up can only be done from the home landline.  DND is option 2 from the main menu.  There were some other grandfathered call features that also used this automated call management assistant as well. 

If you don't have any of the grandfathered services supported buy this system, like me, the automated message tells you that you are not a recognized subscriber. 

You can give it a shot and see if it recognizes your TN, and lets you go into Menu 2.  DND was not a standard calling feature. it was usually only added on by request. Still worth trying the automated assistant to see if you have it or not. 

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/calling-features-assistant

Rocketman
Friendly Neighbour

It doesn't recognize me Smiley Sad It was worth a shot, thank you.  I hope they make DND available generally soon.