Data usage spiking

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

My data usuage has increased in ther past month. I have changed my passord on my modem. Is there a way to tell which device is hoging all the data?so far this month I have used 44G of Data I do not download movies ,music or watch netflix. Any suggestions.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you installed any new software lately? Any new devices in the household?

Well if you are running a Windows based PC / laptop, you could install Networx. It will only give you the detailed information for that specific PC but it may help. It's also FREE. I've got it on my PC. It also gives a breakdown of which apps are using data too.

Any Android devices you have, you can go under Settings and see the wifi data usage and breakdown per app.

If you use any wireless devices, ensure that the router encryption type is WPA2 and that your password is complex (ie not a normal word or string of numbers but a mixture including uppercase and special characters like !@#$%^&)

Outside of that, a complete malware / antivirus scan couldn't hurt.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂