DSL down 3 hours ago, why?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

here's a pic of our t1200 modem/routers webpage and it went out 3h ago, why, it been doing it for awhile and the tech been out 4 time to replace the modem and a small green wire in the outside wall box. Help!!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Well you haven't rebooted the modem in the last 27 days according to the pic you provided. Also the connection looks established. Again, like all other times, you need to provide MORE information.

1. What lights are on the modem?
  2. Have you moved the modem again?
  3. Why haven't you rebooted it?
  4. Is your overkill router disconnected from it still?
  5. Is it still in bridge mode?
  6. Are you trying the internet wired or wireless? (If wireless have you checked which network?)
  7. What error(s) are you seeing?
  8. Do you have a valid IP address (both on the PC and on the T1200)
  9. Most importantly, what did tech support say when you called them? (My guess is you haven't called yet, since the modem has not been rebooted in 27 days as that's one of the first steps they get you to take.)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Ambassador

1. all but wNan

2. nope, still the same place

3. i have rebooted 6 to 12 time and restore twice to factory settings.

4. yep, it's still disconnected from it.

5. nope

6. wired

7. no errors but my gta 5 online game for xbox one is not working!

8. i just did on the router, how do i do it on my computer?

9. my mom has called about three times and the tech is really fast and reliable about a month or two ago!

10. On a pingtest it's graded at an A.

Highlighted
Ambassador

is UPnP Setting so to be enabled?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
>> 10. On a pingtest it's graded at an A.

Seriously? If you can ping out, you have a valid connection. When you're on your PC does the internet work fine still? And no you haven't rebooted your modem in a month as the pic you posted shows 27 days as the Uptime.

>> 7. no errors but my gta 5 online game for xbox one is not working!

Is this just about your Xbox again? We've gone over that before. That issue is not Telus / modem related. That's something between you, your Xbox and Microsoft. After 3 modems, I'm going to guess it's still your Xbox being the issue. Have you contacted Microsoft Xbox and Rockstar support yet?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

What does Speedtest.net indicate?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

Here's a pic from Speedtest!

to the other guy, i have rebooted 5 to 10 day be before that, i have to rebooted ever month, that's stupid, that shouldn't be right.

i'll phone Xbox live support soon again for my game! thanks

Its my DSL going out every third day for 15mins, OK, my internet speed works fine!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

System up time from your post is how long the MODEM/ROUTER has been active WITHOUT REBOOTING (27Days). It's not a glitch it was not rebooted..

You could unplug it and plug it, back in or log into the modem/router and REBOOT from the menu area. No reason your internet should drop on the Third day for 15 min at a time.

For fun you can put your Xbox under a DMZ and see what happens..

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Ambassador

ya, i have do it so many times, OK. what dmz?

DM?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

So your internet works fine and it was just your xbox?

DMZ is NOT needed if your modem is bridged and the Xbox is connected to that port. DMZ was used before the modem could be bridged though it rarely worked. It will not solve the issue either way if the previous information you have provided about the issue is still accurate.

Are you still getting the game message telling you that you have to transfer your character? That as you've been told before, is not a connection issue. When you play other Xbox games / access Xbox Live or Netflix, does it still work? What SPECIFICALLY are you seeing on your screen when GTAV isn't working? If you can, take a photo of the screen and upload it.

Have you tried completely deleting GTAV off of your Xbox and reinstalling it? Have you even tried contacting XBL/Rockstar support about the game problem?

Highlighted
Ambassador

i working a bit now on gta 5, but my DSL is going out once and awhile it a bit better since like last year this time! so i have unplug and plug back my modem ever month, that's stupid!

HELP!!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Again, you have yet to unplug your modem in a month. If your computer / internet is working fine, and the issue is with the Xbox, it's not a modem issue. If you are truly unplugging things, I'd be curious to find out just exactly what cables you are unplugging and from where / which device.

After as many tech visits and replacement modems that you've gotten, I'm willing to bet there is some kind of user error involved in the problems you are experiencing.

Highlighted
Ambassador

so how do i fix it? πŸ˜ƒ

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
The Xbox/game? The same thing you were told last time. Contact Xbox support and contact Rockstar support.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Yes, Finally got my GTA 5 online game to work. Found the support number for rock star, i cleared the chache and it needed to be hard reset by unplug the Xbox one from the wall and the Xbox.

My internet/router is working pretty good now, no outages but there's a bit of lag in the front room set top box to the old double AA remote, i change the battery but is still is a bit laggy and the volume button is not working, should i phone telus and ask for a new one?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If simply the volume button is not working on the remote, it might be improperly programmed, or could be set to 'TV' or 'Aux' rather than 'Optik'. Have you ensured it is programmed to your TV type, and that the remote is set to Optik.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

properly!!, its set to optik, ill just order two more slim line remotes!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please don't. You've already ordered multiple modems because you refused to do the troubleshooting for your Xbox/game. Please just try resetting and re-programming the existing remote first.

Highlighted
Ambassador

kk, i'll do it tomorrow! πŸ˜ƒ