Connection issues during and after zoom calls

Buddy1010
Resident

I have regular connection issues during zoom calls - I constantly get the warning message that my Internet connection is unstable - even shutting down all other applications and turning off video, it's still an issue. I finally got a new modem installed and it's not gotten any better at all. In addition, the WiFi disconnects every single time at the end of a zoom call and it take several minutes before it will reconnect and stabilize, somewhat.

What the heck is the deal? I am about to make the switch to another provide at this point. Any suggestions?

sdq20
Resident

I am having the same issue. My partner and I have the Internet 75 plan, which we were told should handle zoom calls while we are both working from home. We called Telus a few weeks ago, we re-set our modem, and the customer service person switched us to a different channel. Unfortunately, we are still having the same issue. I am constantly on zoom calls, and my Internet will fully disconnect multiple times during the call. Even when I turn off my video, turn off the wifi on my phone, close all programs, and turn off any cloud sharing. I am at a loss for what to do. I will likely be switching ISP's if this is a Telus-specific issue.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm on 25 and zoom works fine for me. I'm not using it while wireless though.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂