cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco CIS330 "A Network Setting has Changed. Please Restart your Digital Box."

i023
Just Moved In

The problem started 2 weeks ago. The picture will become pixelated and lag for a few seconds once in a while. 

Over the past 2 weeks the problem has gotten worse and worse. This PVR is now unusable - picture is constantly pixelated and lagging, sometimes the screen blacks out for minutes at a time before picture comes back pixelated again.

The error message "A Network Setting has Changed. Please Restart your Digital Box." comes up every 10-15 minutes.

I have tried restarting / resetting the modem and PVRs.

We currently have 3 PVRs in total - only this one is having trouble with the above problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Reboot your modem/router first, then all devices connected to it. You should only have 1 PVR the others are just receivers.

Is it the actual PVR having issues or a receiver? You're best to call Telus an schedule a service call so a technician can diagnose your issue. It could be line related, an equipment failure, a hardware issue etc.

The CIS 330 is really old equipment/slow which maybe the route of the problem. Just remember if they swap out the PVR, all recordings will be lost. Only the scheduled recordings time/channel information is transferred over to the new PVR.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Reboot your modem/router first, then all devices connected to it. You should only have 1 PVR the others are just receivers.

Is it the actual PVR having issues or a receiver? You're best to call Telus an schedule a service call so a technician can diagnose your issue. It could be line related, an equipment failure, a hardware issue etc.

The CIS 330 is really old equipment/slow which maybe the route of the problem. Just remember if they swap out the PVR, all recordings will be lost. Only the scheduled recordings time/channel information is transferred over to the new PVR.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the quick reply.

It is one of the receivers that is having this problem. The picture on the actual PVR is perfectly fine.

I have rebooted everything multiple times to no avail.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Could just be a problem with the one CIS330 or the connection to it. I'd recommend calling Telus and have a tech check it out. The one box likely needs replacing.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂